dinsdag 3 mei 2011

Like a loon on loon tablets

My, my, my. I should probably get a medal for procrastinating, my last blog being posted on the 27th of December. But then again, it's not as if I had anything interesting to tell you lot about. The most important people in my life are all aware of my personal dramas and agonies from first-hand telling and wouldn't really care to read about it in a blog post and the rest would just... not care in the first place. And you might think: "Why don't you just post something more positive, then?". But really, if I wanted to tell you all fairy tales I would direct you to my other blog, where I publish my 'novel'. And that was indeed a very non-subtle hint for you all to go and check that out right now. Yes, now. Don't procrastinate. Procrastinating is bad for you. Ahum.

Well, as there is nothing to mention on either the school, work or social life department I'll just get on to the medical ride of happiness I've been going through for years now. Of course the 'happiness' was another clever trick of my brilliant sarcasmiosity. I still don't enjoy being a half-cripple much, especially since it's now bothering me in my attempts to become a super-thin super model of beauty and glamour. But! As of last week, there are two certain leather-and-cork flaps in my life that have vaguely started to uncripple me. Only slightly, but ever so much. For once, I don't walk like a loony duck anymore. Well, just a tiny bit (and I'm still a loon), but what if I ever get my identity changed by getting a new face and people would want to recognize me? They couldn't even identity me by my walk anymore. So I'm keeping a bit of the duckwalk in there. But I must say, my insoles are helping my knees quite a bit. Maybe there's hope and I'll actually be able to walk more than a kilometer without pain!

And there's also the loon tablets! Or actually they're just allergy-fighting tablets. But they are my most precious property of all at the moment. Hey fever season is doing the full on boogie-woogie in this time of the year and not being able to breathe + hear + not sneeze for ten minutes does get quite annoying after a while. I was on a homeopathic solution for those wittle pwoblems, but since those things are basically just fake medicines with fancy stickers of nature and herbs on the package it didn't really help much. But these pills... Woah! Shazam! They are amazing! I was instantly cured of my eternal sniffing and sneezing but what's best is... I can cuddle my little bunny rabbit again! Well, I could always do that, but that was only if I didn't mind not being able to breathe for the following hours. With the tablets taken, I can scoop the little (actually he's huge, he's half-bunny half-rhinoceros) fur ball out of his cage and cuddle and pet and hug and not die of allergies. It's amazing! A whole new world opened up for me! It has quite possibly restored my chances of ever becoming a crazy cat lady in the future!

The glory of being able to pet animals almost makes me forget the actual reasons I got those medicines. Because really, the doctor hardly cares about the dramatic Romeo-and-Jullietesque story of me and my bunny, or the fact that flowers and trees and grass are evil and want to kill me. What he cares about (and me too actually) is the fact that my body is slowly being devoured by wild-growth infections and that it is probably caused by an allergy of some sorts. Anyway, I have to go back there in two weeks and tell him that all my problems are fixed, but sadly my bladder still hurts and is still being as annoying as if was before I got those tablets. Maybe they'll help on a longer term and maybe the other infections will stay away now, but my bladder is so far not joining the health salsa. Samba. Rumba. Exotic dancing.

Anyway, I'll get back to the ever so important job of delivering mail now. But without sniffling and sneezing this time. See you in five months for the next blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten