zondag 17 juli 2011

Magic etc.

Normally, as my frequent readers will know, I try to be a funny bastards in my blogs because I don't want to appear as the negative-thoughts-thinker I truly am. It helps, though, like that weird scientific fact says. When you pretend to smile, your body turns into a science lab and creates those happiness enzymethingies. This time, however, no amount of pretend-smiling is going to chase away this sadness: last Tuesday was the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parte deux. Even though I've had an amazing time at the midnight release with all of my friends, I can't be happy about it. The actual magic ended four years ago with the release of the book but then we still had the movies to look forward to. And now even those are gone. All there's left is to roam about the internet, digging up funny facts and background information to keep us obsessed fans satisfied. There's hope for an official encyclopedia but who knows when that will come out? Pottermore is still too much of a mystery to properly look forward to, though if J.K Rowling herself worked on it it's bound to be good. The movies went out with a bang and loads of dignity and maybe in a while I'll be able to fully appreciate it without being reduced to a bunch of tears and sadness.

Goodbye, Harry Potter series, may you give me many more happy childhood memories in the future.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten