zondag 25 oktober 2009

Here we go again

Here I am, sitting in the room on my own at half past midnight, eating a tangerine and crying my eyes out because my mother accidentally broke my favourite mug with Paddington Bear on it. Yeah, it's that time of the month again.

On a happier note, and to great request, a blog about my amazing Anglo Adventures! Berdien, Don and I went to visit dear Kees in England to keep her company in the big empty villa while her au pair family was on a holiday. Oh bother, such a burden to bear! How ever could we survive a long weekend in such a big house, all the way in England? I'll tell you exactly how!

The day before we went to England, Berdien and I stayed over at her boyfriend Don's place. We had planned to go to bed really early because we had to take a taxi at 6:30 the next morning, but everyone knows what you get when you put three nerds in one room. Insomnia. We spent most of the time watching silly pictures and went to bed. Next morning we had a very yummie breakfast with appelflappen and croissantjes and then took a fancy fancy white leather taxi to Schiphol. Yeaahhh! My first time on a plane! Snaaaaaakes on a plaaaaane, I seeee snaaaaaakes on a pla-... Sorry.

Schiphol is fecking awesome and humongous! We hung out there before we could board our plane, but not after we had our luggage checked. You know what's ridiculous? You can't even bring a torch. Or an axe. Or radio active isotopes. How on earth do I spend my time on the plane and in England if I don't even have my radio active isotopes with me? Tsssk! Anyway, the plane trip was awesome. It was beautiful to see all the clouds and it really looked as if you could walk on them. Except we didn't really try. It was kinda rainy outside.

We arrived in London Luton, took a bustrip to London Waterloo where we robbed a sushi stor-. eehh, I mean, where we bought our lunch in a sushi store and guess what? We stumbled upon a Kees! What a coincedence! We decided to tag along with her to Horsley after a lot of hassle of finding a litter bin, train tickets and the right platform. The train trip was looong but gezellig, except that all of us were terribly tired. We arrived in Horsley and enjoyed the beaaaauutiful autumn views and the hills and first dragged our massive suitcases on to the supermarket where we bought a month's supply of crisps which we finished in ehm... a couple of hours. Then we had to take a murderous hill into a big arse villa neighbourhood where we couldn't keep our eyes of the awesome houses. We first got a tour, then cleaned the house with our dearest friend Henry, the love of my life. Then we peeled/cut potatoes and apples and started on cooking. When the family came home they all were so very nice and the children were really really cute. Eventually we and the children were on a mission to destroy evidence of three cups of Ben & Jerry's. We devoured them in say, ten minutes. After which we were horribly nauseous. Like, really horrible.

Next day we went to Guildford, which was really really really pretty! Again many many hills which are very bad for lazy people like me, but it was totally worth it. We ate 'mini dutch pancakes' AKA poffertjes and the blasphemous woman selling them wasn't even Dutch! The stand next to her had her husband selling German sausages. I mean, what....? Oh well, British! I bought godmother soap from my new favourite store; Lush and a beaaauuttiful new jumped at the very very very typically British store called......... H&M. I couldn't resist it. And peer pressure, PEER PRESSURE! Linda forced me! And then I was finally reunited with my beloved Sourz in a very hooliganish pub that made us sing the Manchester United song from Eurotrip all day......... And suddenly the Sourz was gone. I blame Henry. We then took a trip home and we dived onto the electic/automatic/chilaxing sofa with a pile of crisps and movies and booze and snakebites and jollyness. Then we ate toad in a hole. Yummmm! Oh and before we got home we experienced a bit of our very own Blairwitch Project in the dark. Except there was no Blair. And no Witch. And no project either.

Next day Linda and I decided to let Berdien and Don have a bit of alone time and sent them off to London while we were having very serious matters at home involving crips, TV, sofa and Hannibal Lecter. The reason we weren't going along to London had nothing to do with us being broke, nothing! We spent out day analyzing cannibals and very serious behaviour, we had some very essential testing of crips, had to review a Disney movie in HD quality, got involved with very heavy chairobics after which it really was necessary for us to do some ritual pancake baking. During the ritual pancake baking we witnessed the glorious and heavenly birth of Balloon Pancake. Unfortunately it had to go back to Pancake Heaven soon before we could take a picture of it. Berdien and Don then returned and we commenced our movie analyzing and went to bed very early. Right. I almost believed that myself.

Uuuuunfortunately the next day was Monday and we had to go home again. We strolled across London, looking like zombies, doing some sightseeing involved the London Eye, Parliament, Westminster Abby and the local Tesco's. But nothing could beat the seagulls and most of all; the arcade! It had DDR! And we spent Berdien and Don's last pounds on those bloody machines that made me sweat like no tomorrow. But then again who wears a woolen turtleneck jumped while playing DDR? Moi. It kicked so much ass that I ordered my own DDR pads. Then we had a bawwwfest supreme and we went back to the airport. Our flight was delayed which was a bit meh, but in return we had a beautiful flight in the dark where we could see the thousands of lights on London. And when we arrived of Amsterdam, but Amsterdam is stupid, ugly and smelly. I then said bye bye to Berdien and Don and took a very very very long train trip home.

And here I am again, being very bored and missing my friends and having to start all over again on my homework because my slutty laptop thought it was fun to crash on me. Daaamnnn youuuu~!

Also: IN TWO DAYS IS THE RELEASE OF THE NEW WHEEL OF TIME BOOK, AAAHHHH! *runs around flailing arms* Hopefully my book will arrive on the actual day of release. And if so; my brain will be shut down until I've finished the book.

And suddenly it's 1 AM. Good night!

PS: OMG I MISS MY PADDINGTON BEAR MUGGGGG WHAAAAHHH. No seriously.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten