woensdag 4 november 2009

Mission Completed, 9999 EXP Gained.

I no longer have to see the shrink, the soul pincher, or what ever nickname you like to attach to it. I am sane again! Or that is what we like humanity to think. Everyone who knows me of course knows that sanity and me are like fire and water, like cat and mouse, like... Okay, you get the point. I did have a slight panic attack last week but I was able to correct myself and tell myself that I was thinking nonsense again, which is good enough for me and apparantly for the shrink as well. The fact I've gained a lot more confidence is hard to ignore, for myself and possibly for the outside world. How long can you stand this new arrogance, huh? HUH?!

Meh, of course it's not as if I don't have anything better to do. Tomorrow is the Egypt/Mesopotamia/Greek history test and it kind of sucks how much you actually have to learn for it. The plus side is that, other than with the Roman history test which I majorly flunked, I now sort of now what to study for which makes things a lot less solid and chaotic. Hopefully this will go better.

As if tomorrow's test is the only thing I have worries about... Tomorrow is the day the 'deurwaarder' was actually going to visit and take away my stuff. I've managed to arrange proof that I didn't have to pay the bill, but I have no idea whether those dear tax-people brought that message over to the money-collectors. But then again, the tax-people wanted the money-collectors to get the money FOR them and since they are now aware of the fact they can no longer get it from me, it would be useless to still send them, right? Right...? Bah, the woes of being an adult.

Ahh, November, the time of golden leaves and chilly winds. November of early darkness and necessary umbrellas. November, the month before December and other random poetic nonsense. But most of all, November, the time of nostalgia. I know I shouldn't still think back of then, that I should forget and move on, but I am only human and I am weak. She would have laughed at that weakness, as she now laughs at most things I do, the reason I should most of all forget. But I cannot, and refuse to, forget the better times. The times of November, the times of December, the times of walking around the city in the late evenings with the end-of-the-year lights on, the period of having to be picked up from the metro station to prevent being raped/robbed/etc. Of getting chocolate letters from her mother, of travelling home in the weekend after having proudly bought Christmas presents for my parents, my sister. And the time of returning there from Christmas holiday and having to hear it's over. I that city, I miss you, I miss your brother, I miss your mother, I miss your silly dogs.

My god, I didn't know a 20-year-old could be a sentimental old fool. I really shouldn't watch so many soap operas xD

Also: OH MY LORD THE NEW WHEEL OF TIME BOOK ARRIVED AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND EGWENE KICKS SO MUCH ARSE AND SIUAN TO AND OOOHHHHHHH. I'm really glad it was Brandon Sanderson to finish the series, because I can only say I like his style of writing. Yeah, sometimes his vocabulary is a bit too 2oth-century-ish, but it absolutely does not ruin the feeling and atmosphere of the story. It reads away quickly, it's Wheel of Time to the fullest. The only thing that is a MAJOR shame and most likely result of splitting the books into three is that little is actually happening. The Black Tower is not touched and thus neither is my favourite character who in my prejudiced eyes has a -very- important position in the story... And the promised return of my second-favourite character Moiraine has been delayed to the new book as well. Sigh. And so, with more than 60% of reading to go of the current book I am already desperately waiting for the new one, to be released next year. Or so they say.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten