woensdag 16 september 2009

Do not want!

Dear Microsoft,

What is this fuckery?! There is a reason I refused to install your fancy new Windows Live Messenger, you know? Not everyone is very interested in flashy and in-your-face designs, some people just want to use MSN to chat and do other simple things. Why do I first have to delete fifty billion useless bars, flashing updates and stupid add-ons before my messenger feels a bit usable? Why do the avatars suddenly have to stand on the left, with ugly green-orange-red coloured borders? What was wrong with having them on the right? Why can I no longer put my status on 'out to lunch' or 'on the phone'? I can put my status on 'busy' or 'away' now but people have no idea for how long that is! And then why is 'busy' red and 'away' orange? Orange gives me the impression of "Well, I'm sort of here, I'm not giving you the green light to talk to me but I'll answer slowly because I'm busy." while red tells me "I'M NOT HERE. DO NOT TALK TO ME. RED LIGHT. DO NOT WANT." And why do all my texts appear below each other in stead of separated? Now it's just one big block of text. And why do I first get 'pictures', 'activities', 'files', 'games', and all those sort of shit and are 'invite' and 'block' hidden in a drop-out menu? Aren't those functions much more important in a conversation?

And the most ridiculous part of this all: why, WHY do you FORCE me to download your latest fancy 13-year-old MysSpace-freak version of MSN Messenger?! There are computers that aren't even compatible with this bullshittery version, like my mum's pre-historical computer. What, is she no longer allowed to be online because she's not 'modern' enough? BULL. CRAP. OF. THE. CENTURY.

Greetings,

- A user who does know about usability and you obviously don't.

Ha, you thought you were rid of the ranting, were you now dear readers? No, it's never done with me. NEVER. Today I had to go to the hospital to have a x-ray of my stomach done. First they sent me to the wrong section because I thought I had to get an echo. Confusing! When I finally arrived at the right spot, I had to get completely undressed o_o' After having confirmed there was no way I could be pregnant (unless I'm a Holy Virgin) my stomach got radiated with radioactive rays and other unhealthy crap I was was gone within five minutes. And I had to miss an entire damn day of school for that! Friday I'll get the results of the x-ray and the blood test. If I happen to have a food allergy, I'm going to throw a hissy fit. Seriously.

Abunai this weekend!

- Elmida

1 opmerking:

  1. I second this blog! Curse them Microsoft people. Every day msn asks if I want to do an update and sometimes I click "yes" but after the installation it says: Installation failed, try again.. And now I cannot get onto MSN because I have to install it.. Well that is going to suck monkeyballs! So I can't install, but I have to if I want to talk to my friends and family (who live on the other side of the country and this is cheaper than calling them).. GRR

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen